Worth Dying For (II)

TOPIC: WORTH DYING FOR (II)
READ: Ephesians 5:31-32

MEMORISE
My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. (1John 3:18)

EXPOSITION
Our text today impliedly reveals that true marriage union as per God's plan, purpose and practical living of it, is a great mystery. And yes, it is. People have severally said, "The world would be a better place, if our homes (families) are better shaped. " Better still, we should say "if couples are truly saved in Christ Jesus and practically live so, only then would this generation regain its lost identity and glory.
Yesterday that happens to be the International Day of families, we read about the first five principles of reducing conflict in marriages, as presented by Dr. Eric Scalise. Here is the concluding part :
6. I will accept a neutral place and time to discuss problems that are mutually satisfactory and do not give one partner any advantage over the other.
7. I will take ownership of, and be completely accountable for, my own feelings, thoughts, attitudes, and behaviors, first, without passing the bulk to my spouse.
8. I will be responsive and not reactive when discussing issues or receiving feedback about my behavior from my spouse.
9. I will not attempt to control my spouse with sarcasm, rage, threats, manipulation, shame, jealousy, or silence. And finally,
10. I will actively seek the forgiveness of my spouse, when I am aware of any wrongdoing on my part, and I will extend forgiveness when it is asked for.
This is beautiful. Your marriage, no doubt, is worth dying for (Neh. 4:14), if you truly, humbly embrace and put to practice these selfless principles, providing that you are ruled by the true love of God. Let others, not only your spouse, feel God through you. Make it happen!

PRAYER POINTS
1. Lord, make a revelation of Your holy character to my spouse and every other person I come across in life.
2. Pray that God should restore an appreciation of the sanctity of marriage in churches and our nation.
3. Pray against factors that the devil uses to orchestrate divorce in our society, and that God should drastically reduce the rate of divorce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Roles Of Evangelism In Church Growth

ONE WITH GOD IS A MAJORITY

Obstacles To Eternity